|Welcome to NoxiousOT 8.60|
We are in the process of updating, improving and optimizing a lot our older scripts, quests or features that did not perform or work the way we wanted them too. We are also in the process of creating new features, quests, content and things to do which will be coming in the future. This update implements a lot of changes to our server engine which allows us to create the new features we have planned. Not all features are immediately visible to players but they are still being tested or will be used by us soon.
• When casting an AOE spell near 2 or more players which aren't in your guild or party, you will have a slightly increased cool down. This is a small change to reduce the effectiveness of UE spamming groups of random players. We may reduce damage of AOE spells or give the option to disable them completely in war cities if players want it.
• When a monster drops a rare item, the corpse will sparkle. It will sparkle blue for a common item and green for a rare or better item. Monster Corpse size has been increased to prevent losing loot.
• The !changender command has been renamed to !changegender. It'll properly change your sex and outfit and can't be used when married (not added yet)
• Fixed an issue with changing gender and not having the mage and summoner addons properly swapped.
• You can get a discount on blessings if you complete The Paradox Tower and you're holding a Phoenix Egg while blessing.
• VIP players have access to 3 new outfits (Cult, Bloodwalker, Skullhunter)
• There are a lot of minor map improvements or bug fixes.
• The Paradox Tower has been recreated from scratch and now works. You will get an enchanted item and either a magical box or a Phoenix Egg which reduces blessing costs when held.
• The quest log entry for more quests have been added. We are looking to eventually have all the quest logs working.
• The entire mage and summoner quest line has been recreated and now works like real tibia. The complaints about Sandra not working properly should finally stop..
• Fixed an issue with Myra, Zoltan and Trisha giving the wrong addon if you're not the right gender.
• Fixed several minor issues with NPCs like Irmana, Zoltan, Oldrak, Padreia, Lubo, Addon Item Exchanger and a lot more.
• We want to rework the major quest lines over time and improve the rewards, make them more challenging and function closer to real tibia. We've also discussed ideas among staff such as 'Quest Points' which give magic find or other bonuses based on how many quests you've completed, daily and repeatable quests and more. There are a lot of things we are planning to change about existing quests as well as creating new ones in the future.
• Magical Items (quest items, enchanted or rare+ dropped items) will now have 'Serial Numbers'. This is similar to Donation Item tracking ids. It'll allow players to recover lost or stolen magic items easier and prevent them from being duped.
• Donation Items will now have 'Serial Numbers' as well. The system behind it has been improved and will allow us to recover players items easier.
• Fixed an issue with magical items +SPEED bonus sometimes being removed when you're paralyzed by another player.
• Attack Speed is now displayed as AS: 15% instead of AS: 1700
• There are major changes to the way the server handles magical items and bonus stat limits but the current magical items don't take advantage of it yet. We will be testing these changes and hopefully in the future we will convert the old items to the improved system.
• If you enter the Trainers while carrying a weapon, you will get a message that estimates how much time is required until you advance to the next skill level. This factors in weapon attack speed.
• The Target Dummy outside Thais Depot will track the highest records for each damage type. You can also set a personal damage record by attacking it. This might eventually reset itself after a time limit and reward players who held a record for a certain amount of time.
• War Cities was implemented. Although this was a major feature, it never got its own news post. You can visit Sun Tzu in Thais Arena to create a Guild Battle with another guild inside an isolated city. We hope to create a page on our website for it, add more cities and continue improving it.
We have a lot of new things that are in-progress of being scripted or waiting to be implemented. We've reached out to others to get additional help in creating new map content for new quests, bosses and spawns. We are working hard finishing up the larger features and will have more details soon. We are rewriting or improving some scripts to increase server performance and reduce the risk of bugs and crashes. If you have a suggestion for a new feature, please post it on the Suggestions section of the forum!
Easter Egg Contest - Happy Easter!
You will also be able to win colored eggs by answering Trivia questions, participating in staff events or finding colored eggs hidden around the map by staff members. The player that has the most score at the end of the event will win a prize!
The Easter Egg Hunt Contest is over!
Thank you to everybody who participated in this contest.
1st Place: Rtz Bud (1804 Score) - 2400 Points + Deco Item
2nd Place: Dreamer (1777 Score) - 1800 Points + Deco Item
3rd Place: Obi-wan (1596 Score) - 1000 Points + Deco Item
Easter House Contest
We will be rewarding creativity and will be looking for unique themes and ideas. You wont gain a better house score by having more or rarer items in your house. We are looking for more then the typical coconut, firewalker and blood herb item stack decorations we often see.
To participate, please post the city and address of your house in this thread. You must be the owner of the house in order to enter it into the event. You are only be allowed to enter one house into the event. The event will run until the end of April.
1st Place: Vidar - 2400 Premium Points + Deco Item
2nd Place: Noisecontrollers - 1800 Premium Points + Deco Item
3rd Place: Hokage - 1000 Premium Points + Deco Item
The winner will also get a unique house decoration item listed in the Easter Egg contest above. You must make a post in this thread containing your house name, house city, house theme and a 1 to 2 sentence description of your house to enter.
In celebration of 4/20, Easter Bunnies will also drop marijuana. You can 'use' it to gain a vocation specific buff for 15 minutes.
New Event - Noxious Party
A new event has been added to NoxiousOT called Noxious Party. This event is similar to games such as Mario Party which feature many fast-paced mini-games played in under a minute. We often get requests for events which we are unsure would work as a full 8 to 12 minute event. The idea of this event is to combine all of these events together so that players can continuously be playing something new. This event also allows us to try new ideas quickly and get feedback on them. If any of these event ideas or future mini-games are successful, then we will have the opportunity to move them to their own complete event and improve on them. The beta version of Noxious Party will include eight complete mini-games.
Avoid being infected by the undead. There are multiple different undead types which special abilities.
You have 25 seconds to work as a team and score as many goals as possible.
Goblins will fall from the sky with bombs attached to them. If they get close to you, they will arm their bomb and charge you.
You have 30 seconds as a team to find the correct teleporter and dispose as much trash as possible to gain score. Throwing it in the wrong teleporter will cause it to sizzle and disappear.
..and many more!
There are a total of eight mini-games and we will be adding more in the future.
Do you want to win free premium points?
We encourage everybody to submit mini-game ideas in this thread that we can add to the new event. If your idea is added to Noxious Party then we will reward you with 1200 premium points. You can submit multiple mini-game ideas. You will only be rewarded if you're the first person to submit the mini-game idea to us.
If you submit an idea, please make sure they follow these requirements.
1) The mini-game must be playable in under a minute by 2 teams with a clear winner.
2) Everybody on the team must be able to participate in some way that helps their team win the mini-game.
3) The event should be playable in the current Noxious Party arena. We are exploring the possibility of giving each mini-game its own map.
4) The mini-game must be easy to understand and can be explained in 1-2 sentences. Any players which don't speak English should be able to understand what to do by watching other players accomplish a goal.
If you submit an idea, please be very descriptive about how it will work. If other players or the staff have to fill in the missing ideas of your suggestion then we may not reward a prize.
Other Event Changes
- Magic Wall is disabled in Boss Battles due to abuse.
This event is in beta and will have bugs, please report them on the forum or to a staff member.